The Bible is always historically accurate and reliable.
Nowhere can this be seen more clearly than on the many
occasions where the scriptures discuss specific people and places.
Critics and cynics have long challenged the existence of cities, towns and places mentioned in the scriptures.
Yet modern archaeologists repeatedly unearth evidence confirming the Bible record ... confounding the speculations of scholars.
A classic example of a great Bible city whose very existence was challenged for decades was Nineveh, the proud capital of the mighty Assyrian empire.
Up until the early 19th century, no archeological evidence had ever been found to prove that Nineveh existed. Infact very little was known about the Assyrian empire outside of the Bible
record. Skeptics sneered, claiming Nineveh belonged to the age of fables and was no more a real
city than Camelot.
However, in 1842 the French Consul General, Paul-Emile Botta began to investigate vast mounds that lay near the junction of the Tigris and Khosr Rivers, close to the Iraqi city of Mosul.
His archeological expedition eventually led to the discovery of the magnificent palace of Assyrian King Sargon II.
A few years later (in 1849), British adventurer Sir Austen Henry Layard unearthed the Kuyunjik mound nearby and found the lost palace of Sennacherib with its 71 rooms and colossal bas
Nineveh had been re-discovered!
Of course, none of these discoveries came as any surprise to sincere bible students.
They believed the Bible when it referred to Nineveh 23 times and Assyria 132 times in the Hebrew
A "Great City of the Bible" confirmed once again the unerring truth of the Bible statement:
"Let God be found true though every man be found a liar" (Rom 3:4)
The purpose of this DVD ROM (computer use only) is to provide exhaustive reference works and multi-media material to help us learn more about the many cities, towns and places mentioned in the Bible.
"Great Cities of the Bible"
is divided into FOUR parts:
Section One : REFERENCE WORKS (PDF format)
- "Major Cities of the Bible" - Anon
- "Ancient Cities and Empires" - E H Gillett
- "Buried Cities and Bible Countries" - George St Clair
- "Buried Cities Recovered and Explorations in Bible Lands" - Frank De Hass
- "Biblical Archaeology" - Johann Jahn
- "Jerusalem from Earliest Times to AD 70 (Vol 1)" - George Smith
- "Jerusalem from Earliest Times to AD 70 (Vol 2)" - George Smith
- "Jerusalem the Holy" - Edwin Sherman Wallace
- "The Story of Jerusalem" - Charles Watson
- "Jerusalem : the City of Herod" - Walter Besant
- "The History of Jerusalem" - Flavius Josephus
- "The Destruction of Jerusalem" - George Holford
- "The Last Days of Jerusalem" - Alfred J Church
- "Jerusalem and Damascus" - D S Margoliouth
- "Rome and Jerusalem" - Moses Hess
- "A History of Rome" - P V N Myers
- "The Early Christians in Rome" - H D M Spence - Jones
- "Christian Inscriptions in Ancient Rome" - H E Fox
- "Paul at Rome" - Charles Merivale
- "The Twelve Caesars (1st Century)" - Suetonius
- "Ancient Athens" - Ernest Gardner
- "Life in Ancient Athens" - T G Tucker
- "Paul in Athens" - J R Macduff
- "Athens - Its Rise and Fall" - Edward Lytton
- "Nineveh" - Austen Layard
- "Discoveries on the Site of Nineveh" - George Smith
- "The Fall of Nineveh" - Zenaide Ragozin
- "Jonah and his Mission to Nineveh" - Hugh Martin
- "Jonah Illustrated by Discoveries at Nineveh" - P S Desprez
- "Ninevah and Babylon" - Austen Layard
- "A History of Babylon" - L W King
- "Babylon" - George Rawlinson
- "Babylon and the Records of Daniel the Prophet" - Joseph Seiss
- "The Bible and Babylon" - Eduard Konig
- "Thrones and Palaces of Babylon" - John Newman
- "Bethany and Bethlehem" - Josias Porter
- "Paul in Damascus" - George Rawlinson
- "Nazareth" - George Drew
- "Ancient Ephesus" - J T Wood
- "The History of Tyre" - Wallace Fleming
- "Sidon" - Frederick Eiselen
- "Corinth" - Anon
- "Paul in Syrian Antioch" - E.H Plumptre
- "Philippi" - Anon
- "Laodicea" - Anon
- "Cities Visited by Paul" - William Wright
- "Digging up Biblical History" - J.Garrow Duncan
- "Archaeology and the Bible" - George Barton
- "The Bible Vindicated by Discoveries in Lands of Scripture" - Anon
- "New Archeological Discoveries and the New Testament" - Camden Cobern
Section Two : Video
Over 3 hours of highly interesting and informative video
presentations featuring many of the Great Cities and towns
mentioned in sacred scripture.
Section Three : Audio
Over 2 hours of audio material in MP3 format.
Section Four : Pictures
Over 50 full color high quality images featuring beautiful full color images
of Cities, Towns and monuments featured in the Bible record.
"Great Cities of the Bible"
will provide you with much useful research and historical background material that will greatly increase your confidence in the accuracy and reliability of the holy scriptures.