The New Encyclopedia Britannica calls the Bible "the most influential collection of books in human history"
Abraham Lincoln, the 16th president of the United States, called the Bible "the best gift God has ever given to man ... but for it we could not know right from wrong".
However,during the 18th and 19th centuries, certain academically minded Christians began to question the Bible's historical accuracy. These scholars became known as "higher critics" and claimed much of the Bible was composed of legend and myth.
Even in the 21st Century, higher criticism is still taught in the seminaries of Christendom. It is far from unusual to hear prominent clergymen publicly disavow large sections of the Bible. One Anglican minister was recently quoted in an Australian newspaper as saying "... the Bible is just wrong! The history is wrong. The details are garbled".
Is this true?
How historically accurate is the Bible?
Can we base our faith and confidence on its historical reliability?
The TWO DVD ROM Collection: "The Bible as History (2019)" provides exhaustive evidence from reliable historical and archaeological sources that the Bible is completely accurate and totally reliable in every detail and in every statement that it makes.
The Double DVD ROM set presents its collections in SIX sections and includes the following:
80 Major Reference Works (all in PDF format, fully searchable and printable)
- "The Bible as History" - Werner Keller
- "Archaeology and the Bible" - George Barton
- "Archaeological Discoveries and their Bearing on the Bible" - Camden M Cobern
- "A Complete History of the Holy Bible (Vol 1)" - George Burder
- "A Complete History of the Holy Bible (Vol 2)" - Laurence Howel
- "The Complete Works of Josephus" - Translated by William Whiston
- "The Last Days of Jerusalem" - Alfred J Church
- "Christianity in Josephus, Tacitus and Suetonius" - Henry Julian White
- "A Complete History of the Bible" - Robert Sears
- "An Illustrated History of the Holy Bible" - John Kitto
- "Digging up Biblical History" - J.Garrow Duncan
- "Early Israel and the Surrounding Nations" - A H Sayce
- "History of the People of Israel" - Carl Cornill
- "The Truth of the Bible Confirmed by History" - Bourchier Savile
- "The Old Documents and the New Bible" - J Paterson Smyth
- "The Text of the Old Testament" - Henri Édouard Naville
- "The Ecclesiastical Historians - Philo and Josephus" - John Jones
- "A History of the Literature of Ancient Israel" - Henry Fowler
- "History, Prophecy and the Monuments" - James McCurdy
- "The Bible Vindicated by Discoveries in Lands of Scripture" - Robert Morrow
- "Bible Chronology Carefully Unfolded" - Smith B Goodenow
- "Ancient Biblical Chronology" - Olaf Alfred Toffteen
- "A Standard Dictionary of the Bible" - Jacobus Williams
- "A Dictionary of the Bible" - Philip Schaff
- "The Old Testament in the Light of the Ancient East" - Alfred Jeremias
- "Authority and Archaeology" - D G Hogarth
- "The Literary History of the Bible" - Joel Hawes
- "The Pre-eminence of the Bible" - Alfred Tyler Perry
- "The History of the English Bible" - Phillip Schaff
- "Explorations in the Bible Lands" - H V Hilprecht
- "Abraham Lincoln's Use and Respect for the Bible" - Samuel Jackson
- "Studies in Biblical Archaeology" - Joseph Jacobs
- "Archaeological Research in Bible Lands" - Abraham Anspacher
- "Blending Lights" - William Fraser
- "Bible History" - William Henry Green
- "The Old and New Testament Connected" - Humphrey Prideaux
- "The Bible as Literature" - William Fiddian Moulton
- "Herod the Great" - William Willet
- "The Herod's" - Frederick Farrar
- "How God Inspired the Bible" - J.Paterson Smyth
- "How the Bible Grew" - Frank Lewis
- "Evidence of the Truth of the Christian Religion" - Alexander Keith
- "History and the Gospels" - C H Dodds
- "The Bible and the Development of a Theocratic Life" - David Worthington Simon
- "The Primitive Era of Christianity" - Clyde Weber Votaw
- "Evidence of The Truth of Christianity" - Richard Biscoe
... and many more!
- Over 12 hours of informative video presentations in MP4 format (computer use only).
- Six high quality audio presentations - over 8 hours of material (MP3 format) (computer use only).
An interesting selection of 50 high quality (jpeg) images featuring many famous archaeological artefacts that did much to silence criticism of the Bible.
... plus much more!
An excellent resource for personal study, back ground Bible research and public speaking assignment preparation.
Even if many still stubbornly view the Bible as merely the "word of men", all true Christians have an obligation to "let God be found true, though every man be found a liar". (Rom 3:4)
Hopefully these this double DVD ROM collection will help you do this.